You are safe online with DataPatrol
These days most of us have a ‘life online’ – whether that is internet banking, online shopping or connecting with people via social networks.
There is no doubt that the instant access, the convenience and the ability to connect with people and businesses has enriched our lives. However, all of this requires us to share personal and financial information online - across many websites. As a result, there are risks associated with ‘our lives online’. Criminals can easily find out who we are, what we do and where we go. Armed with this data, they can hijack our bank accounts, credit cards, even our identities. For us, the result can be significant financial losses and months of disruption.
DataPatrol is your personal guard-dog online. It is always vigilant, continuously monitoring the web, social networks and public databases on your behalf - to immediately detect the theft, loss or disclosure of your vital personal and financial information.
It is the key to avoiding the disruption and financial losses which go hand in hand with online identity theft and financial fraud – to ensure we can go about our ‘lives online’ with confidence.
Are you at risk?
Every month DataPatrol monitors millions of unsecure web pages containing personal information that has been accidentally disclosed, and which puts hundreds of thousands of people at risk of identity fraud:
- WE KNOW that there are more than two million stolen pieces of personal information currently being traded online.
- BUT, in the majority of cases, the individual at risk has no idea that their information has been stolen - until they become a victim of fraud.
The question is: How do you know if your information is safe online?
The answer is DataPatrol. Acting as your personal guard-dog online, it provides an early warning service - instantly alerting you if your information is exposed online or in the public domain.
DataPatrol gives you the power to protect yourself from the risk of online crime.
DataPatrol is an early warning service that will alert you if your information is exposed online or in the public domain so you can protect yourself from the risk of online crime.
How does it work?
Setting up your DataPatrol service is simple:
- Just complete a short registration process to get access to your personalised DataPatrol account.
- You will be able to see immediately if any of your information is at risk.
- It’s up to you how much information you want to monitor in your DataPatrol service.
Once you’re set up, DataPatrol monitors the web, social networks and the dark web every day, to identify personal information such as:
- Your personal information: name, usernames, aliases and email addresses
- Your contact information: home address, other addresses and telephone numbers
- Your financial information: credit/debit cards, bank details, online banking IDs and online shopping IDs
Putting you in control
If DataPatrol finds anything that could put you at risk:
- You will be immediately alerted by email and text.
- The Customer Care support service will give you expert advice on what action you should take to protect yourself.
You also receive monthly news and updates to help you better protect yourself against online crime.
Finally, rest assured that we take information security very seriously. DataPatrol has its systems regularly assessed by external security experts.
How can I have this service?
Experian’s DataPatrol is a corporate service available in Turkey and the Middle East. If you are a consumer, please contact your bank, mobile operator or insurance company.
If you are a bank, a mobile operator or an insurance company and would like to offer this service to your clients and employees to protect them and their families, please contact us.
Need more information?
Submit your details below and an Experian expert will be in contact with you shortly.